Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Summer Evenings

As i spent a great evening sitting, talking and drinking Hoegaarden with my friends Rachel and Marc we got onto the subject of community. For those of you who have read my profile you'll know i have a passion to see church fulfil a true sense of community, and not just by saying that is what it does over weak orange and stale digestives. As i contemplate my fast approaching move away from Ascension Church in Custom House i am trying to collect my thoughts about exactly what i have experienced and learnt during my 3 years (in 2 spells) in this little part of East London. It has only been as i have done this that i have realised the true community that i have found. It's an amazing thing that i encourage you all to search for, a place where people know you (really know you), challege you, inspire you and above all else just love you for being you and have the time for you that shows this.

I'm convinced that this idea of true community is where Jesus was coming from with the time that he spent with his little band of merry men (and women).

All i can do is hope and pray that wherever God might lead me to in this next part of my life that i again will find this.

Thanks to all of you who are a part of this special community.

No comments: