Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Have you ever properly understood something that you thought you understood before?

I've just finished doing a school lesson for Year 4 kids (really small kids) talking about Baptism and Confirmation and just generally answering their questions regarding Christianity. I've come out amazed at the depth of their questioning and just how easy it is to over complicate issues that need not be. As we answered their questions there was a visible amazement and interest on their faces. They were enthralled by the stories and things that they saw all around them in the church. It made me reflect upon Mark 10:13-16 where Jesus talks us receiving the Kingdom of God like little children. I think that it's just possible that I have started to discover what that means. How quickly we as adults over complicate and lose the radical teachings of Jesus and lose the sense of amazement that I witnessed not an hour ago in these East London 8 and 9 year olds.

No comments: