Thursday, February 01, 2007

Church and State

I came a across an interesting article in yesterdays Guardian regarding Steve Chalke and much of the work that he is involved in. It continues the very current debate about how intertwined church and state should be. I have a vested interest as the first Oasis Academy will open in enfield in september.

I also have a long standing interest as I have any friends still working for Oasis and have spend 3 years with them in different capacities myself.

There is a statement here which should also be read as it corrects some mistakes in the original article.

Steve is an amazingly driven guy which I think came across to the journalist writing the article. He has his critics but I for one have never failed to be inspired by him when I have spoken with him or have heard him speak at events/college.

No comments: