Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend Away



Well I'm back from our weekend away. It ended up being an amazing time where a fairly disparate group came together formed new friendships, hung out with each other, did some mad activities and met with God.

I love these times together. I find them physically exhausting but also inspiring. As many have said, a weekend away together is the equivalent to many weeks or even months of our programmes.

I hope that it times of closeness with each other and also with God that they will remember for the rest of their lives.

One particular highlight for me was during a time where we were praying for a number of the group, one of the young people who is a little bit on the fringes of our work looked very thoughtful so I asked if he was ok. He said that as he was sitting and I was speaking and we were worshipping and praying he felt the Holy Spirit say to him that he should come and pray for me. So that's what he did, after I had prayed with a number of individuals he came and prayed for me. Wow what an experience for me. That is certainly something I will never forget.

No comments: